As if getting our son through surgery isn't cause enough for celebration, tonight the nurses moved Jake into the coveted "BED 3!" Those of Jake's family and friends who've been here know just how fantastic that is; a window with an actual VIEW, another patient on only ONE side, and actual FLOOR SPACE!
For the last 7 nights we've had the hospital equivalent of tent camping, with the curtains from the adjacent beds encroaching on all sides. It was almost impossible to move without becoming entangled in the curtains. I can actually stretch out in a chair without blocking the nurses access to the patient.
What's more, there are 6, count 'em, 6 open AC outlets. No more crawling through the thicket of IVs, vacuum lines, electrical cords, phone lines, call buttons and TV remote controls to get to the lone AC outlet by BED 2.
Best of all, now that they've moved him into more comfortable quarters he's almost guaranteed to be discharged tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ooooo. Nice. Bet it feels like the presidential suite after 7 days in the tent.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the surgery went well and that Jake (and you) have much better accomodations. Let's hope it's not for much longer and he can go home to his own bed.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Jackie clearly has time on her hands. She comments on EVERY post. Too funny
Well... i'm kinda addicted to the internet - and i'm online all day for work anyway, so i just bop over every, oh, 30 seconds, and see what's new. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd it beats working!!
ReplyDeleteI have dial up. Takes forever to check in. Glad he is in better surroundings. I know what that is like Lorton was in a room for 5. Horrible!
ReplyDeleteLinda
I am there with Jackie, I keep refreshing the page all day so I can see the updates as soon as Jim writes something new. :)
ReplyDeleteWe are so happy things are going so well. Can't wait to have Jake back home. Leo is doing good but misses everyone.
Too Funny...I can clearly imagine you (Jim) crawling through the forest of cords...only to reach the pinacle of the lone outlet...
ReplyDeletelmao!